10 The Most Heart-Melting Love Songs From 2013

1. BeyoncĂ©, “XO”

http://suryambika.blogspot.com/2013/12/top-love-songs-2013.html

It probably helps that this video is freaking adorable, but “XO” might be one of BeyoncĂ©’s best love songs. It’s not complicated, and it’s delivered with such joy and affection, you can just feel the love in her voice. And the way the song swells during the chorus is enough to make your heart feel like it’s about to burst, in the best way possible. “Baby, love me lights out” is the new “I love you.”

Honorable mention: “Drunk In Love”

Swoon-worthy lyric: “In the darkest night hour / I’ll search through the crowd / Your face is all that I see / I’ll give you everything / Baby love me lights out”

2. Kanye West, “Bound 2”


http://suryambika.blogspot.com/2013/12/top-love-songs-2013.html
“Bound 2” almost sounds like it belongs on a different album. After more than 30 minutes of aggressive, pounding, icy production on Yeezus, it feels like the heavens open up when that first Ponderosa Twins Plus One sample kicks in. “Bound 2” is a throwback to classic ‘Ye production, soulful and warm, and the fact that it allows us to see him vulnerable and in love makes it all the better. The lyrics aren’t traditionally poetic, but that kind makes it more affecting, from talking about a love that’s like that teenage “don’t-tell-your-mom shit” to wondering out loud that, “Maybe we could still make it to the church steps.”

Swoon-worthy lyric: “And hey, ayo, we made it: Thanksgiving / So, hey, maybe we can make it to Christmas”

3. Ariana Grande, “Honeymoon Avenue”


http://suryambika.blogspot.com/2013/12/top-love-songs-2013.html

This song is a killer. It’s about everything we want to do to try to get things back on track when a relationship goes awry. “Let’s just go back to the way it was” is such a simply phrased sentiment, but it cuts to the core feeling of wondering how the hell things got so messed up in the first place. And Grande delivers it beautifully.

Gut-wrenching lyric: “I feel like my heart is stuck in bumper to bumper traffic / I’m under pressure / ‘cause I can’t have you the way that I want / Let’s just go back to the way it was”

4. Rhye, “Open”
http://suryambika.blogspot.com/2013/12/top-love-songs-2013.html
Rhye’s Mike Milosh has one of the most beautiful, sensuous voices out right now, and this song is silky, tender, and seductive in all the right ways. Best listened to on a long drive at night or with some candles lit at home. Trust me.

Honorable mention: “The Fall,” which was released as a single last year.

Swoon-worthy lyric: “I’m a fool for that shake in your thighs / I’m a fool for that sound in your sighs / I’m a fool for your belly / I’m a fool for your love”

5. Miley Cyrus, “Adore You”
http://suryambika.blogspot.com/2013/12/top-love-songs-2013.html
Miley’s voice has a richness and a maturity that’s pretty remarkable for someone her age, and nowhere is her heart more open and her voice more strong than on “Adore You.”

Swoon-worthy lyric: “When you say you love me / know I love you more / When you say you need me / know I need you more / Boy, I adore you”

6. Mary Lambert, “She Keeps Me Warm”


http://suryambika.blogspot.com/2013/12/top-love-songs-2013.html
Mary Lambert was undoubtedly the best part of Macklemore’s “Same Love,” and the full version of “She Keeps Me Warm” is even better. It’s a sweet, tender song about the deep comfort of being with someone you love, no matter your sexual orientation. The music video is also bound to melt your heart, and maybe even make you shed some happy tears.

Swoon-worthy lyric: “She says I smell like safety and home / I named both of her eyes ‘Forever’ and ‘Please don’t go’”

7. Lorde, “400 Lux”

http://suryambika.blogspot.com/2013/12/top-love-songs-2013.html
Lorde may be only 17, but she’s got a really mature, nuanced view of love that’s so refreshing in pop music. Maybe you don’t want a Romeo or a prince to come and “save you” — maybe you just want someone who will warm up the car for you when it’s cold outside and buy you orange juice. It’s the little things.

Swoon-worthy lyric: “Now we’re wearing long sleeves and the heating comes on / You buy me orange juice / We’re getting good at this”

8. Drake, featuring Majid Jordan, “Hold On, We’re Going Home”


http://suryambika.blogspot.com/2013/12/top-love-songs-2013.html
This song is just all kinds of right, from the soulful, disco-tinged sound to Drake professing his love and desire to care for his special someone. It’s also a reminder that home is — yes — where the heart is.

Swoon-worthy lyric: “I can’t get over you / You left your mark on me / I want your hot love and emotion endlessly

9. Mariah Carey, featuring Miguel, “#Beautiful”


http://suryambika.blogspot.com/2013/12/top-love-songs-2013.html
Who doesn’t want to feel this carefree and light? Mimi and Miguel sound so smitten in this breezy, throwback R&B jam, and when she sings, “I don’t care / take me anywhere,” it perfectly captures those first feelings of really falling for someone.

Swoon-worthy lyric: “‘Cause it’s beautiful, oh you make me feel invincible / And I can’t pretend that that doesn’t mean a thing to me”

10. Bruno Mars, “When I Was Your Man”


http://suryambika.blogspot.com/2013/12/top-love-songs-2013.html
Bruno Mars’ “When I Was Your Man” is what you’d want your ex to realize: You’re the best damn thing s/he ever had and s/he made the biggest mistake in letting you go. The song is a beautiful capsule of all those feelings of regret and pain, and maybe a lesson to some people out there to cherish their boy/girlfriends. Buy them flowers. Take them to the party. Appreciate them.

Gut-wrenching lyric: “It all just sounds like, oooh… / Too young, too dumb to realize / That I should’ve bought you flowers / and held your hand / Should’ve gave you all my hours / when I had the chance / Take you to every party / ‘cause all you wanted to do was dance / Now my baby’s dancing / But she’s dancing with another man”

0 comments:

Post a Comment